Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gap Analysis - Busy Weekend

The run down between Thursday afternoon and today is actually pretty long. My life is definitely not boring. It seems at times to happen at light speed. So fast that I think I could actually pass Chuck Norris running around the world and block him from punching himself in the back of the head (see prior post). As I get busy, I tend to get worn down over time...all the go go go and no slow slow slow eventually leads to uh-oh. I was planning on having a peaceful weekend at home with the kids out of town with Samantha, but plans change and Samantha is now sick on the couch with a 102 fever and the kids are in bed for the evening...but that's the current situation....how exactly we got here is like going back three years just to cover the three days.

Thursday night's softball games were about what one could expect. My issue was that I didn't expect us to drop so many balls or throw so many around to give up free runs....it was pretty pathetic with signs of promise. We'll see as the season goes on...on the bright side, we're only 2 games out of first place.

Friday at VBS we had the normal last day stuff and both Brother Nathan and I got pies in the face. The kids (who weren't to get wet) got soaked in the foam pit. Go figure...it's not rocket surgery...but what did you think the "foam" was made from?

At the same time Sam' had a dermatologist appointment and had two moles removed..from there it has been down hill for her. Her ear hurt due to the mole removed there so she got a head ache from sleeping stiff and now she has been in and out of the flu like fever. It's tough to watch her not feeling well. Rather unwisely we still decided to go to Houston for a friend's birthday party which was a lot of fun. I enjoy see the Iveys when we get a chance. Sam' decided to stay with the kids overnight (original plan was to stay two nights). She was feeling better until she went to bed...it was more down hill from there. She's home now, but still pretty much out of it. I think the kids see it as time to get away with back talking because they didn't behave at all in Houston after I left. They're still young to try to reason with, so it's hard to deal with after the fact.

Today was the normal Sunday routine by myself which meant it was easier and I was on time, but it's still tiring....and with that I think I'll retire so I have the energy to make it through tomorrow.

No comments: